HS ~ Principal Letter
Dear Parents and Guardians,
It has been a great start to the 2018-19 school year. We have many new faces on campus and have welcomed back our veterans! Due to the unfortunate incident that occurred at the end of the school year in a neighboring district, HISD has reviewed and improved our policies and procedures where campus and district safety are concerned. Some of them are huge changes- like creating our own police force headed up by Chief Christopher Filidei, others are smaller, every day procedures. These include:
1. No cellphone use during the day, except for lunch period in the cafeteria. This means that no phones (including earbuds) are visible from 7:10am to 2:35pm except for student’s assigned lunch period. If you need to contact your student, please call the school’s main number- 409-316-6544.
2. No backpacks may be taken to the bathroom. Students are expected to leave their backpacks in their classrooms.
3. Hooded sweatshirts can be worn on campus but the hoods may not be worn on the head. No head-coverings are allowed at all- this includes caps, do-rags, etc.
4. Student IDs must be worn at all times. We have purchased a campus ID system and all students should have one by the middle of next week. IDs must be worn at all campus activities- including extracurricular events. No student will be allowed into an activity without one unless accompanied by a parent and must remain seated with the parent.
5. All exterior doors are locked during the school day. All classes off campus must exit and enter out of the front doors of the school.
6. Parking permits are required for all cars parked on campus. They must be purchased by Friday, August 24th. They are $15 and sold in the front office. Any car without a permit starting on Monday, August 27th, can be subject to loss of campus parking privileges.
7. No one is allowed to bring food, medicine, or pick up a student who is not on the student’s registration file. Anyone who comes to do any of the following must have a valid photo id.
Our goal is to provide an atmosphere that is safe and conducive to learning. We appreciate your help in supporting us in our efforts to keep your children safe and protected. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.
It’s ALWAYS a great day to be a BULLDOG!!