HPS ~ Principal’s Monthly Message - April
Principal’s Monthly Message
Hitchcock Primary School
“You’re Our Primary Priority”
Dear Hitchcock Primary School Families,
April is here as the school year is moving quickly. Our teachers and students have been working diligently to be successful in the classroom. Please continue to encourage your child to get a good night’s rest daily, and do their best each.
We have many exciting events and activities planned for the upcoming months as we begin to prepare our students for the next school year.
Thank you for all that you do to support Hitchcock Primary School. Together we can achieve our goal: Student success!
Don’t forget to check the dates below to see the great things happening in April:
April 2nd – Field Trip: PPCD & Life Skills: 8:30-2:00: Galveston County Fair
April 4th – PTO Fundraiser Participant Reward SnowCones and Game Day
April 5th – Field Trip: Pre-Kindergarten:8:30-12:30 Galveston Children’s Museum
April 12th – FIELD DAY: Outside - Pre-K & Kinder 9:00-11:00 & 1st & 2nd Grade 12:00-2:30 PM
April 15th – Muffins with Mancini Meeting: Parents/Principal 8:30 AM: Library
April 18th – Field Trip: GT 2nd 8:45-2:30; Hitchcock Library
Field Trip: 1st Grade: Froburg’s Farm : 8:45-12:30
April 19- HISD Closed: In observance of Good Friday
April 22 – NO School for STUDENTS: Data Day for Teachers
April 23-26 – BOOK FAIR 8:30-3:00 PM: Also Opened April 25, 5:00-7:00 PM
April 24th – Field Trip: Kindergarten: Miller Outdoor Theater Houston 9:00-2:00
April 25th – KICK CLUB LAST MEETING
Bull Pups Cheer Team Final Performance: 6:00 PM HPS Gym
April 26th – Bull-pup Cheer Team Pictures: 9:00 AM
April 26th – Kindergarten Graduation Pictures: 10:00 AM
Check out our Website for updated pictures of our special events!
(www.hitchcockisd.org) click on HPS.
Just a few reminders:
- Please call the office with your new emergency phone contact number, if the number has changed.
- If your student is absent, please send a note upon his/her return to school.
- If a student is sick, they must be fever free for 24 hours before returning to school.
- If you have a concern, please notify the teacher first. If the concern does not get resolved then notify the principal or assistant principal.
- Please do not park in or block the crosswalk when dropping off or visiting the campus.
Angela Mancini, Hitchcock Primary School Principal