Hitchcock ISD is now using Peachjar! As we strive to promote positive relationships between our schools and the community to enhance community support and involvement in school districts, we are aiming to be more environmentally friendly. As part of our on-going commitment to this, and to ensure parents have quick and easy access to important information, we now use Peachjar to email flyers home to families, digitally, straight to your inbox.
What is Peachjar
Peachjar is an electronic flyer distribution platform that distributes e-flyers on behalf of many school districts as a resource for our parents to stay more connected to both our internal support organizations (like PTA and Booster Clubs) and to approved non-profit community partners. Using Peachjar will allow Hitchcock ISD to connect with parents about important news and information and connect parents with youth-oriented activities and programs in our community.
E-flyers about events and activities happening across the district will be posted right to the campus websites. Parents will also get flyers right to their email inbox and can conveniently to register for events and activities straight from the e-flyer. Parents can even customize how often to receive the emails and from which schools.
Examples of flyers and other documents that can be distributed through Peachjar:
Back-to-School Night & Open House flyers
Letters from the principal
Weekly events calendar
Requesting flyer approval
To request flyer approval, visit www.peachjar.com to register as a program provider and submit your flyer. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to all parents and posted online. Follow these step by step instructions to request flyer approval.
- Visit www.peachjar.com
- Register as a Program Provider (account type)
Upload your flyer for approval
Once your request is submitted, your flyer will be automatically submitted to the district office. The superintendent shall approve or reject the request within ten business days without regard to the religious, political, philosophical, or or other content of speech likely to be associated with the organization. Approval or denial will be based on the standards below:
- Materials must include the name of the person or organization sponsoring the distribution.
- No non-school related organizations should imply to students, employees, or to the public that they are school sponsored.
- All letterheads, posters, or other communications that identify the organizations must contain a disclaimer. The disclaimer should be in BOLD with CAPITALIZED LETTERS in a 12 point font or larger. (Ex: "THIS ORGANIZATION AND ITS ACTIVITIES ARE NOT RELATED TO OR SPONSORED BY THE HITCHCOCK INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT")
- Material is in accordance with Board Policy GKB (LOCAL)
After flyer is approved
- If at any time it is determined that previous flyers presented for approval contained false information or did not accurately represent the intent of the program, the approval of future flyers from the requesting organization will be jeopardized.
- If an outside organization would like to provide paper copies in addition to their e-flyers, they must do so themselves after their e-flyer has been approved through Peachjar and is on the appropriate district and/or school website. Paper copies can then be given to the school office, where they will be made available. No paper copies will be distributed directly to teachers or staff for students to take home.
*Please note that Peachjar charges a fee for this service. It is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school. These instructions do not apply for any parent group at one of HISD's schools. There is also no cost for school/parent groups.
Flyer approval does not constitute endorsement. Approval implies the material has been reviewed and meets the guidelines for district-wide electronic distribution. HISD administration reserves the right to rescind approval to any organization or person if a complaint is received or the organization or person is found to be in violation of instructions.